Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Adding a little color

I have had some fun this last few days since the challenge ended -- I'm adding color to some of the pieces I saved and fired. I have slumped one small dish (from my generic flower piece). Here it is in the kiln with a couple of small square bowls I am also slumping:


I've also added a couple of layers of color and a frit border to my iris piece. Here it is prior to tack fusing the new colors:


 And here it is after fusing, getting ready to go into the kiln for a nice slump:


There is something about this design that feels really old fashioned to me. It reminds me of my grandma and my auntie for some reason. Probably because I loved all of their little ceramic and porcelain goodies when I was small. I'm slumping this one on a really cute square dish mold that has a bit of ruffle around the edge.

I can hardly wait to see how it turns out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment