Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 2: tree

Yesterday's challenge was all about creating a glass powder picture using no tools except our fingers. It was, indeed, a challenge to do this. I was certain that today would be soooo much easier because I had heard a rumor that we would be able to add a business card to the toolbox for making today's drawing.

It's amazing how recalcitrant that little 2 x 3" rectangle of card stock can be! I actually found myself using my fingers once again to manipulate the powder. I got in a little of practice with the card as a tool, but had a terrible time getting curved lines. This is especially evident when viewing my pathetic excuse for a tire swing :oP

However, today Matt actually was able to identify what I had drawn -- and he said he was looking forward to seeing this fired. He likes it, hey Mikey!

To fire, or not to fire, I haven't decided yet, but if I do I will post a picture here. Otherwise that powder goes back in the jar so I can use it for a new picture tomorrow!

Cheers,
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment