Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Talk like a pirate day...

I've been saying "argh!" a lot today. And "ack!", "shoot!", "rats!" and a few things I don't think I want to publish on this blog. (I am a grandma, after all)  ;o)

Our powder glass drawing assignment today was to create a flower or flowers using only black colored powder. Great assignment -- forcing the brain (ow!) and the muscles (rats!) to try to reproduce a colorful 3 dimensional object on a flat piece of glass with nothing but black powder.

My brain hurts!

I was going to do a bouquet of roses (my mom's favorite). After working on the first flower, I decided that if I tried to do an entire bouquet, it would take me into sometime next week. At the earliest.

So I focused my effort on creating one rose, in a vase, on a table.

It was still really hard to do! I think I am improving (an itsy bitsy tiny bit) at shading and highlights, but I have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go yet.

And, oh yes, just to make sure that today's challenge was truly challenging, I decided to use a full fused round blank that will soon become a plate as my base glass. It was so much fun trying to get detail near the edge while the powder kept sliding off of the glass. Not!

Here is my lonely little rose on a table top:



Oh rats! It is very hard to see the shading in these pictures. Argh!  Well, there is some there, mostly on the table to the left of the vase. I guess you will just have to take me word for it ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment