Our powder drawing challenge today was to create a safety pin out of black powder, paying close attention to the effects of light and shadow. We were given this photo:
It was really difficult, but I started feeling pretty confident when I got this done:
Then it started to get more difficult, but I kept at it:
3 hours (yes, hours!) later, I had this:
I decided I had better cook some dinner so the boys don't starve to death, so this is going to be it. It is on wonky-shaped glass, but after spending so long on it, I wasn't about to brush this powder back in the jar, so it is in the kiln for a tack fuse tonight ;o)
Tomorrow I will try to catch up; I still need have a container of flowers to draw from yesterday's challenge!